The Member Services Department has the responsibility of managing the transition of student membership to full membership of ICAG. It does this through the processing of application after a student’s successful completion of all the relevant levels of the CA professional programme.
Member Services Department regulates accountancy firms by issuing licenses which mandate them to practice publicly. Apart from maintaining a database of all members of the Institute, the Department also maintains a database of accounting firms within the country.
It is also responsible for providing members with training opportunities to regularly upgrade their skills and competencies. This is achieved through the planning and organizing of continuous development programmes (CPDs) and mandatory CPDs. Tailor-made training packages are also offered to corporate entities in the private and public sectors.
It creates the enabling environment for accountants in various locations throughout the country to hold regular meetings as its way of empowering members in these locations to take direct responsibility of the welfare and development of their contemporaries. This is achieved through the work of the District Societies.
Process of Attaining Membership
Students who successfully complete Part 4 of the CA professional programme automatically earn the privilege of becoming members of the Institute. In order to achieve they participate in an Induction Course. This is followed with a Graduation and Admission Ceremony.
A completed membership form should have the following information:
- Full name and current address of applicant
- Former and current employers of applicant
- Period of practical experience of applicant
- Names and address of referees (Should be members in good standing)
Necessarily, a prospective member should have acquired at least three (3) years of relevant practical experience. This encompasses experience gained with
- An accounting and auditing firm;
- Working under a competent accountant in industry; and
- Teaching an accountancy-related subject in a tertiary organization.
The applicant must have any of the following relevant qualifications:
- Others as approved by Council
A confidential report received from the referees, one of whom should be a Chartered Accountant, among other requirements, would be used by the Admissions Committee to approve the applicant’s request for membership.
Notice is hereby given that an EMERGENCY GENERAL MEETING of the members of the Institute will be held at the Moevenpick Ambassador Hotel, Accra on Friday, 7th April, 2017 at 9.00 a.m.
- To receive and consider the report of Council and the Financial Statements of the Institute for the year ended 31st December, 2015.
- To consider appointment of Auditor for the Institute.
- To authorize Council to fix the remuneration of the Auditor.
- To receive an update of the investigative report.
Dated: Thursday 24th March, 2017
ALL MEMBERS ARE ENTREATED TO ATTEND THE EMERGENCY GENERAL MEETING.
By Order of the Council
|Induction Course Participation||–||GH¢600.00|
Member Services Department
P.O. Box GP 4268, Accra
Email: [email protected]