Since the mid-sixties, Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana has been providing accountancy training at both technician and professional levels. However, in those early days, pass rates at various levels were impeded by the non-availability of reading materials for students. This trend experienced a turn around, in the 80s and has seen a major boost since accounting manuals for the four (levels) were introduced in November 2008.
The establishment of the ICAG College in June 2009 augmented the Institute’s effort to provide readily available tuition to prospective and regular students on part-time and regular streams.
This tie in with the Institute’s bid to provide quality tuition at the three levels (that is, Parts 1-3) in a conducive learning environment at the ICAG College located at Okponglo, East Legon, along the Trinity Theological Seminary-IPS Road.
To produce professional accountants of the highest quality, ready to provide cutting edge services to their clients at all times and upholding the ethical values of the accountancy profession.
To be premier institute of Chartered Accountants in Africa by:
- Having a technically competent and appropriate membership;
- Providing services of the highest professional standards to industry, commerce and government;
- Being recognised for highest standards of competencies, integrity and excellence;
- Providing the best services to members and students; and
- Being accepted as an authoritative body in accountancy and financial matters.
Our Core Values:
- Competency: to display the highest professional competency in the technical services rendered to the public, matching worldwide standards and measurable through benchmarking with first class institutes.
- Integrity: to serve as trustworthy, dependable and respected in the conduct of our duties, services and pronouncements relating to the profession.
Excellence: to strive at all times to achieve excellence through continuous improvement, benchmarking, research, technology, knowledge and expertise in various fields and services provision to clients, members and students.
- Versatility: to proactively respond to changing times and challenges that are faced by the profession, clients, members and students by maintaining a forward looking posture that learns from the past and strives to anticipate and plan for future developments.
Our Motto: Integrity