Enquiries and online registration for student membership are usually handled by the Students’ Services Department.
Studentship Registration Requirements CheckList For Upload Online
- Original Birth certificate or any birth identity.
- Passport-size photograph
- Original Educational certificates – SSSCE, HND, Diploma, Degree, MSc, MBA, etc. First or second degree and a transcript where applicable.
STUDENTS REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS FOR CA PROFESSIONAL
To register as a student and apply for exemptions, applicants must visit sms.icagh.org to apply for studentship. Successful applicants are required to pay a registration fee of GH¢300.00 and a subscription of GH¢300.00. Applicants who qualify for exemptions would be required to pay the applicable exemption fees. An applicant must be at least 16 years and possess any of the following:
SSSCE/GBCE/DBS holders – six (6) passes (A-D) including English and Mathematics. WSSCE holders – six credits including English and Mathematics, Diploma, HND ,Degree, Masters and any other qualification acceptable to the institute
(a) Upload the following documents
- Photocopy of any birth identity (passport, national ID, birth certificate, NHIS ID, etc.)
- Passport size photograph
- Original educational certificate(s) and transcripts
(b) Steps to follow on the portal
- Log on to sms.icagh.org
- New student: Click on “Register” and follow to register
- Existing student: Click on ”Activate Account” to update your status
The examination is in three (3) levels. Level 1 must be completed before moving on to Levels 2 and 3 in that order. Students are required to write a minimum of two (2) papers in any order in Levels 1 and 2. At Level 3, students are required to write all four (4) papers.
1.1 Financial Accounting
1.2 Business Management & Information Systems
1.3 Business & Corporate Law
1.4 Introduction to Management Accounting
2.1 Financial Reporting
2.2 Management Accounting
2.3 Audit & Assurance
2.4 Financial Management
2.5 Public Sector Accounting & Finance
2.6 Principles of Taxation
3.1 Corporate Reporting
3.2 Advanced Audit & Assurance
3.3 Strategic Case Study
3.4 Advanced Taxation
The exemption policy stands as follows:
- BSc Adm. B.Ed. (Accounting option) B.Com.: Exemption from Level 1 and 2 papers in Level 2 (2. 3 Audit & Assurance and 2.6 Principles of Taxation).
- Holders of HND Accountancy Option: Exempted from Level 1 and a paper in Level 2 (2.3 Audit & Assurance).
- Holder of Accounting Technicians Scheme West Africa (ATSWA): Exempted from Level 1 and 2 papers in Level 2 (2.3 Audit & Assurance and Principles of Taxation).
- Other qualifications: – subject for subject exemptions up to Level 2 where applicable except Public Sector Accounting and Finance.
The examination centres include Accra-Zenith, Attraco, Takoradi, Koforidua, Ho, Kumasi-Waec, Kumasi-Gimpa, Sunyani, Wa, Bolgatanga, Tamale, and Cape Coast
Examinations are held in March, July and NOVEMBER every year. Candidates are required to apply to sit for examinations at least two (2) months to date of the examination.
For further enquiries contact: Email: [email protected] or Mobile No. 0302738538, 0277801422
PAYMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION AS A CA STUDENT
1. Payments can be made into any of the following banks:
- Barclays Bank Account No. 0000002149286 High Street Branch: Sort Code 030148, Swift Code BARCGHAC/030100
- GCB Bank Account No. 1011130022905 High Street Branch: Sort Code 040101, Swift Code GHCBGHAC
- Ecobank Ghana Account No. 0710134481289101:Sort Code 130149, Swift Code ECOCGHAC
- Pay via Mobile Money to ‘The Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana)’ Mobile Money Number 0557964560
- Pay via your Student Portal
The form should be accompanied with a pay-in-slip as evidence of payment. Registration fee GH¢150.00 and Annual subscription GH¢150.00. Account name: The Institute of Chartered Accountants – Ghana.
2. Bank payment instructions
Please provide the following information to the bank when making payment to Institute of Chartered Accountants – Ghana (ICAG):
- Name in full
- Student Registration Number (SRN)
- The purpose of payment should be stated on the pay-in-slip.
NB: Further instructions for payments using option 2:
- Upload your payment advice on the portal using the Pay Offline option (Your transaction reference number receipt number)
- Call Finance Department on 0557964560 for the bill to be cleared.
ASSOCIATION OF ACCOUNTANCY BODIES IN WEST AFRICA (ABWA)
THE ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN’S SCHEME
The Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA) in pursuance of regional cooperation and integration and its commitment to strengthening and consolidating Accounting Standards and Practice has put in place the Accounting Technician’s Scheme West Africa (ATSWA).
2. ATSWA STUDENT REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
To qualify for admission as an ATSWA student, an applicant must:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be a fit and proper person to be registered.
- Possess any of the following qualifications:
- Six (6) passes at the West Africa Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (WASSCE) with aggregated 24, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Six (6) passes at General Business Certificate Examination with aggregate 24, including English Language and Business Mathematics.
- Diploma in Business Studies (DBS).
- Diploma in Public Finance and Accountancy.
- Any other relevant qualifications approved by the Institute.
3. REGISTRATION FOR STUDENT MEMBERSHIP
Registration Fee: GHc80, Subscription FeeGHc100
Exemption Fee: Part 1 GHc220 per paper, Part 2 GHc264 per paper
Examination Fee: Part 1 GHc85 per paper, Part 2 GHc100 per paper, Part 3 GHc120 per paper
Candidates who wish to write the ATSWA examinations must first register as a student online.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Log on to sms.icagh.org
- New student: Click on “Register” and follow to register
- Existing student: Click on “Activate Account” to update your status
- Scan and upload Passport size photograph, certificate and Identity card
- Fill in all the fields and submit the application
4. ATSWA EXEMPTION GUIDELINES
Only registered students can apply for exemption from some parts of the ATSWA examinations. Exemption for candidates in the ATSWA syllabus is outlined below:
DBS (Accounting Option)
All subjects in Part I
All subjects in Parts I, II and III except Law and Taxation
Diploma in Public Finance Accounting
Parts I and II
Other acceptable qualifications
Subject for subject exemptions in Parts I and II only
5. EXAMINATION STRUCTURE
The examination is in 3 parts.
Part I must be completed before parts II and III and in that order.
Basic Accounting Processes and Systems
Principles and Practice of Financial Accounting
Public Sector Accounting
Principles of Auditing
Preparing Tax Computations and Returns
6. EXAMINATION DATE AND CENTRES
The examinations are normally held twice a year in March and September in all ABWA designated member countries.
In Ghana the current examination centres are:
Accra, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Sunyani
7. BENEFITS OF HOLDING ATSWA CERTIFICATE
ATSWA graduates stand to gain the following:
- He/She will be formally admitted as an associate member of the Association of Accounting Technicians and use the title “AATWA” after his/her name, after acquiring one (1) year’s relevant work experience.
- He/She may proceed to enrol for the CA professional examinations and will be granted exemptions from Level I papers, 2.3 Audit and Assurance and 2.6 Principles of Taxation at Level II of the Three Levels CA programme.
LIST OF ICAG CONTACT PERSONS IN THE REGIONS
1. MS FELICIA ANAMBIRE
ICAG OFFICE – Sakasaka- Zaratu Plaza
2. MR. ABDUL-RAZAK
CENTRE – WA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
UPPER WEST REGION
3. MS. ELIZABETH OBENG
CENTRE – TAKORADI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
4. MR. JAMES K. BAYENTEYEA
CENTRE – KOFORIDUA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
5. MR. MOSES KPORDZO
CENTRE – HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
6. MR. DAVID AMOAH
CENTRE – BOLGATANGA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
0244 – 989764
UPPER EAST REGION
7. MR. SOLOMON ABINA
CENTRE – SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
020 – 0380570
BRONG AHAFO REGION
8. MS. SANDRA ASAFO-ADJEI
I. C. A. OFFICE KUMASI
AHODWO ROUNDABOUT – NYARKO PLAZA
0243 – 967134/0246 – 162555
KUMASI ASHANTI REGION
9. MR. THOMAS OSEI
CENTRE – CAPE COAST TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
(OLD ADMINISTRATION BLOCK)
CAPE COAST CENTRAL REGION
|10. LIBERIA – CENTRE|